8 Aurora Street, Timisoara 300291, Romania
Before you make the decision about joining our school, you should find out as much as possible about our provision in order to establish if BIST is right for you and your child. We are happy to help you in your research. We have provided several different resources to accompany you at this stage of enquiry and pre-application process. Please visit our website, promotional materials and read carefully all the information provided in the parent information folder.
Please contact the BIST team for any further clarification.
Office hours : 09.00 – 17.00
Head of School
Download the form, complete with requested information and then upload the form and send it to us.
The British international School of Timisoara is a co-educational, independent day school providing a British-style education for students aged 4 – 16. The school is very fortunate to have a wonderful campus with extensive facilities. The British International School of Timisoara opened in September 2019 as the first international school in the city and it currently has over 350 students on roll and continues to grow.
The School aims to be the best international school in the region and to be a great place for talented professionals to develop their careers. Our ethos is one of excellence within a supportive environment.
We are growing! We are hiring!
Job Vacancies at British International School of Timisoara, Romania
Are you a professional who wants to make a real difference?
The British International School of Timisoara, a leading international school in Romania, hires highly qualified teachers, who are caring and compassionate. All positions require that applicants be experienced, certified professionals in their field and speak English fluently.
We foster a collegial environment where working together is every day practice; where leaders’ doors are open and support is varied and accessible. We need someone with a ’can do’ approach, and a real desire to bring out the best in young people, whatever it takes.
Due to rapid school growth, we have the following opportunities open for applications commencing August 2021:
Primary School positions
- Class Teacher
- Teacher of Computer Science
- Teacher of Romanian
- Teaching Assistants
Secondary School positions
- Teacher of English and Drama (Head of Department role available for the right candidate)
- Teacher of Physics/Biology (Head of Department role available for the right candidate)
- Teacher of Mathematics
- Teacher of Humanities (History)
- Teacher of Business Studies/Economics
Across school teacher positions
- Music Teacher
- Teacher of German (Head of Department role available for the right candidate)
If you are interested in any of the advertised jobs above, please apply by filing in the application form on the school website and by sending us a CV and a Cover letter to email@example.com indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header.
If you’re already in Romania, we would like to invite you to come to our school and see the school in person if convenient.
All applications must include contact details of three persons who are willing to provide confidential professional references, at least one of whom must be your current employer.
* * *
We are always interested to hear from teachers who:
- Are passionate about teaching and working with children;
- Know how to build positive relationships;
- Have an engaging personality and teaching style;
- Have good classroom management skills;
- Have good communication skills;
- Have high expectations of children and themselves;
- Have strong subject knowledge and master a variety of teaching and assessment strategies;
- Are flexible and willing to learn new things;
- Are team players and like to share good practice;
- Have a positive attitude and are solution orientated;
- Are keen to provide an engaging, stimulating and supporting learning environment.
We can offer:
- A competitive salary with additional benefits;
- A school with excellent facilities and great potential for development;
- A school with a strong leadership team and clear and transparent plan for development;
- Professional support from experienced teachers;
- Excellent opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
The British International School of Timisoara takes safeguarding children very seriously and as such all staff are subject to rigorous checks, including enhanced DBS clearance, or similar checks both from the country of origin and the previous country of employment, along with qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment and three satisfactory references.
All applications will be evaluated with care and consideration and in line with GDPR regulations. By sending us your application you agree with us keeping your data on file until the end of the recruitment period.
Living and working in Timisoara
Located in West Romania, Timisoara is a multicultural city with a dynamic economy. It is the largest city of Timis County, Banat, Romania. On moving there, you will also enjoy its beautiful squares and lush green spaces. Timisoara is a charming place through its many parks, green spaces and public gardens that are studded with charming flowers and made people known it as “The City of Parks”.
Timisoara is an important economic centre in Romania. It is, above all, a region that has massively attracted foreign investment over the years. In fact, Timisoara was recognised as the best city for investment in Romania in 2016 by the Forbes magazine.
Furthermore, due to its various architecture and Viennese Baroque influences, Timisoara is also called “Little Vienna”.
Another extremely interesting and fascinating aspect is that Timisoara was the first European city which had its streets lighted with electricity (12 November 1884).