British International School of Timisoara
Isho Offices – ground floor 46B Take Ionescu Blvd.
Office hours: 9.00 – 17.00
Before you make the decision about joining our school, you should find out as much as possible about our provision in order to establish if BIST is right for you and your child. We are happy to help you in your research. We have provided several different resources to accompany you at this stage of enquiry and pre-application process. Please visit our website, promotional materials and read carefully all the information provided in the parent information folder.
Please contact the BIST team for any further clarification.
Head of School
Download the form, complete with requested information and then upload the form and send it to us.
If you are looking to work in a brand-new international school, with a great potential for growth in beautiful city of Timisoara, we encourage you to apply.
The British International School of Timisoara is a cutting-edge project and aims to become one of the best schools with a British based curriculum in Romania. With state-of-the-art facilities, modern resources and a keen desire to do what is best for the children using a truly international approach, BIST will open its gates for the students in September 2019.
We are currently advertising for positions available for the academic year 2019 – 2020:
- Whole School (7-14 years old)
– French and German teachers
We are interested to hear from teachers who:
- Are passionate about teaching and working with children;
- Know how to build positive relationships;
- Have an engaging personality and teaching style;
- Have good classroom management skills;
- Have good communication skills;
- Have high expectations of children and themselves;
- Have strong subject knowledge and master a variety of teaching and assessment strategies;
- Are flexible and willing to learn new things;
- Are team players and like to share good practice;
- Have a positive attitude and are solution orientated;
- Are keen to provide an engaging, stimulating and supporting learning environment.
We can offer:
- A competitive salary with additional benefits;
- A school with excellent facilities and great potential for development;
- A school with a strong leadership team and clear and transparent plan for development;
- Professional support from experienced teachers;
- Excellent opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
The British International School of Timisoara takes safeguarding children very seriously and as such all staff are subject to rigorous checks, including enhanced DBS clearance, or similar checks both from the country of origin and the previous country of employment, along with qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment and three satisfactory references.
All applications will be evaluated with care and consideration and in line with GDPR regulations. By sending us your application you agree with us keeping your data on file until the end of the recruitment period.
Living and working in Timisoara
Located in West Romania, Timisoara is a multicultural city with a dynamic economy. It is the largest city of Timis County, Banat, Romania. On moving there, you will also enjoy its beautiful squares and lush green spaces. Timisoara is a charming place through its many parks, green spaces and public gardens that are studded with charming flowers and made people known it as “The City of Parks”.
Timisoara is an important economic centre in Romania. It is, above all, a region that has massively attracted foreign investment over the years. In fact, Timisoara was recognised as the best city for investment in Romania in 2016 by the Forbes magazine.
Furthermore, due to its various architecture and Viennese Baroque influences, Timisoara is also called “Little Vienna”.
Another extremely interesting and fascinating aspect is that Timisoara was the first European city which had its streets lighted with electricity (12 November 1884).