Before you make the decision about joining our school, you should find out as much as possible about our provision in order to establish if BIST is right for you and your child. We are happy to help you in your research. We have provided several different resources to accompany you at this stage of enquiry and pre-application process. Please visit our website, promotional materials and read carefully all the information provided in the parent information folder.
Please contact the BIST team for any further clarification.
Head of School
Download the form, complete with requested information and then upload the form and send it to us.
If you are looking to work in a brand-new international school, with a great potential for growth in beautiful city of Timisoara, we encourage you to apply.
Due to its successful start and rapid development, The British International School of Timisoara (BIST) is looking for qualified teachers to join our team for the next academic year starting in August 2020. NQT applications will be considered for some of these positions. Interested candidates should send a CV and completed BIST application form, which can be downloaded from our school website.
The British International School of Timisoara is the ﬁrst school with a British International curriculum to be established in the western part of Romania. It is a cutting-edge project with state-of-the-art facilities, modern resources and a keen desire to provide a rigorous curriculum using a truly international approach. BIST opened in September 2019 for students in Reception to Year 9, and it has already developed waiting lists in several year groups. The school will grow gradually by implementing the Cambridge IGCSE programme at KS4 and we aim to offer the International Baccalaureate curriculum at KS5. The school has successfully completed its first COBIS inspection and has become the first COBIS school in the western part of Romania.
Vacancies available for August 2020
- Primary School Specialists – Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
- Secondary School subject teachers
- English and Drama (with the ability to teach Key Stage 3, IGCSE and Key Stage 5 Literature and English Language) – this role could also lead to a Head of Department position as the school grows and develops a Middle Management team
- Business Studies and Sociology (with the ability to teach IGCSE and Key Stage 5)
- Mathematics and Computer Science (with the ability to teach up to Key Stage 5 level)
- Biology/Combined Science (with the ability to teach Biology up to Key Stage 5 level)
This is a unique opportunity for dedicated and passionate teachers who love being in the classroom and working with children, but also those who wish to join us in developing an innovative and exciting centre of learning: BIST is on its way to becoming one of the leading schools in Romania.
For further information about the school and about the roles, please visit our school website and the Primary School Teacher Job Description and Secondary School Teacher Job Description.
If you are interested in any of the positions outlined above, please apply by sending your CV and application letter no later than 21st February to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
We are interested to hear from teachers who:
- Are passionate about teaching and working with children;
- Know how to build positive relationships;
- Have an engaging personality and teaching style;
- Have good classroom management skills;
- Have good communication skills;
- Have high expectations of children and themselves;
- Have strong subject knowledge and master a variety of teaching and assessment strategies;
- Are flexible and willing to learn new things;
- Are team players and like to share good practice;
- Have a positive attitude and are solution orientated;
- Are keen to provide an engaging, stimulating and supporting learning environment.
We can offer:
- A competitive salary with additional benefits;
- A school with excellent facilities and great potential for development;
- A school with a strong leadership team and clear and transparent plan for development;
- Professional support from experienced teachers;
- Excellent opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
The British International School of Timisoara takes safeguarding children very seriously and as such all staff are subject to rigorous checks, including enhanced DBS clearance, or similar checks both from the country of origin and the previous country of employment, along with qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment and three satisfactory references.
All applications will be evaluated with care and consideration and in line with GDPR regulations. By sending us your application you agree with us keeping your data on file until the end of the recruitment period.
Living and working in Timisoara
Located in West Romania, Timisoara is a multicultural city with a dynamic economy. It is the largest city of Timis County, Banat, Romania. On moving there, you will also enjoy its beautiful squares and lush green spaces. Timisoara is a charming place through its many parks, green spaces and public gardens that are studded with charming flowers and made people known it as “The City of Parks”.
Timisoara is an important economic centre in Romania. It is, above all, a region that has massively attracted foreign investment over the years. In fact, Timisoara was recognised as the best city for investment in Romania in 2016 by the Forbes magazine.
Furthermore, due to its various architecture and Viennese Baroque influences, Timisoara is also called “Little Vienna”.
Another extremely interesting and fascinating aspect is that Timisoara was the first European city which had its streets lighted with electricity (12 November 1884).